The Arizona Senior Center Association hosts an annual conference in July for professionals who work in senior centers, staff of area agencies on aging, and others who care about providing vital services for senior citizens. ASCA invites anyone with an interest in services to the elderly community to participate.
The 2013 Conference will again be held at the Prescott Resort on Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16. The theme this year is "Fantastic and Fit After Fifty". Sponsor opportunities, expo tables
are now available. Speakers are also being sought. If you know of someone who would like to speak or have an idea for a session, please complete this form.
Deadline for speaker/session ideas is April 26.
For more information on how you can become involved in the 2013 Conference, call (602) 534-6407.
The 2012 Conference was held at the Prescott Resort on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, July 31. The theme was "Striking a Balance"
The Conference Keynote speaker was Amy St. Peter, Maricopa Association of Governments, who spoke on Using Community Engagement to Drive Change! How will aging services adjust?
- Claire Rubin and Lauren Wolfe, US Foods - New Food Trends in Healthcare Foodservice
- Jennifer Cain and Jennifer Ramirez, DES/DAAS - New Programs & Resources that Benefit Older Adults
- Michele Michaels, AZ Commission on Deaf & Heard of Hearing - Disability Acommodation and the ADA
- Adam Bissell, Good Samaritan Society - Honoring Different Spiritual Paths
- Jeff Abraham, Tempe Community Action Agency - Creating Your Senior Center's Strategic Plan
Debra Boehlke, AZ Attorney General - New Scams Targeted to Seniors & Task Force Against Senior Abuse
Frances McCoy, City of Avondale - Is There Life After Bingo? and A New face of Aging
Mary Coalson, Area Agency on Aging, Region One - Common Mental Health Issues in Older Adults
- Eileen Bangall, VSA AZ - Accessing Arizona's Arts
- Philip Yabes, Sharon Meinders, Ashley Murray, Buckeye Community Services - Benefits of Keeping Seniors Active
- Leslie Rudders, Surprise Senior Center - Special Events Roundtable
- And the General Session speakers were
- Chris Erickson and Chris Kang, Valley Assistance Services - Safety and Health in Motion (SHIM), A Fall Prevention Program for 4 Generations of Seniors
Monday Night Social and Dinner included entertainment by Ruthy, the Bag Lady and a contest for the Most Creative and Best Dressed Bag Ladies. Congratulations to Jane Eck for winning the Most Creative Bag Lady costume and Leslie Rudders for Best Dressed Bag Lady!
A big thank you goes out to our conference sponsors:
GOLD SPONSOR - Area Agency on Aging, Region One Incorporated
Silver Sponsor - Parker Senior Community
Exhibitors are invited to present their services and information to conference delegates at the annual conference Fees and benefits vary. Contact Us
for information on being an exhibitor at next year's conference.
Presenters and Speakers Wanted!
Presenters and Speakers are needed to make the annual conference a success. If you would be interested in presenting or have an idea for a presenter please download this form
and send it in.
Contact us today
If you have any questions about the Annual ASCA Conference, please don’t hesitate to contact us