The Arizona Senior Center Association hosts an annual conference in July for professionals who work in senior centers, staff of area agencies on aging, and others who care about providing vital services for senior citizens. ASCA invites anyone with an interest in services to the elderly community to participate.
2013 Conference Update
The 2013 Conference was held at the Prescott Resort on Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16. The theme was "Fantastic and Fit After Fifty".
Keynote Speaker - Andrew Ecker "Intentional Wellness Program"
Monday, July 15:
- Affordable Care Act - What You Need to Know was presented by David Parra, Arizona AARP.
- Aging in Place was presented by Julie Bordelon, City of Phoenix Community Initiatives.
- Healthy Living Programs in Arizona
- Understanding Social Security, speaker was Kari Sanderfer from the Social Security Administration.
- Health Rhythms
- The Magic of Motivation was presented by Irene Stillwell, Arizona Senior Olympics.
- Dispelling the Myths of Hospice by Hospice of the Valley.
- Talking Turkey was presented by Robert DiSantis of ACOSTA Marketing and Sales.
Tuesday, July 16:
- Silver Sneakers Fitness Program and Age of Champions
- Best Practices and Special Events Roundtable
Plus Monday Night Dinner and Social featured Jerry Layne, Comedy Ventriloquist.
Care 1st - Gold Sponsor
Arizona Agency on Aging, Region One, Incorporated - Gold Sponsor
Exhibitors presented their services and information to conference delegates. Exhibitors this year were: Drumming Sounds, Cap-Tel, AAA-NACOG,
for information on being an exhibitor at next year's conference.
Presenters and Speakers Wanted!
Presenters and Speakers are needed to make the annual conference a success. If you would be interested in presenting or have an idea for a presenter please download this form
and send it in.
Contact us today
If you have any questions about the Annual ASCA Conference, please don’t hesitate to contact us