The 2012 Conference was held at the Prescott Resort on Monday, July 30 and Tuesday, July 31. The theme was "Striking a Balance"
The Conference Keynote speaker was Amy St. Peter, Maricopa Association of Governments, who spoke on Using Community Engagement to Drive Change! How will aging services adjust?
- Claire Rubin and Lauren Wolfe, US Foods - New Food Trends in Healthcare Foodservice
- Jennifer Cain and Jennifer Ramirez, DES/DAAS - New Programs & Resources that Benefit Older Adults
- Michele Michaels, AZ Commission on Deaf & Heard of Hearing - Disability Acommodation and the ADA
- Adam Bissell, Good Samaritan Society - Honoring Different Spiritual Paths
- Jeff Abraham, Tempe Community Action Agency - Creating Your Senior Center's Strategic Plan
- Debra Boehlke, AZ Attorney General - New Scams Targeted to Seniors & Task Force Against Senior Abuse
- Frances McCoy, City of Avondale - Is There Life After Bingo? and A New face of Aging
- Mary Coalson, Area Agency on Aging, Region One - Common Mental Health Issues in Older Adults
- Eileen Bangall, VSA AZ - Accessing Arizona's Arts
- Philip Yabes, Sharon Meinders, Ashley Murray, Buckeye Community Services - Benefits of Keeping Seniors Active
- Leslie Rudders, Surprise Senior Center - Special Events Roundtable
- And the General Session speakers were
- Chris Erickson and Chris Kang, Valley Assistance Services - Safety and Health in Motion (SHIM), A Fall Prevention Program for 4 Generations of Seniors
Monday Night Social and Dinner included entertainment by Ruthy, the Bag Lady and a contest for the Most Creative and Best Dressed Bag Ladies. Congratulations to Jane Eck for winning the Most Creative Bag Lady costume and Leslie Rudders for Best Dressed Bag Lady!
A big thank you goes out to our conference sponsors:
GOLD SPONSOR - Area Agency on Aging, Region One Incorporated
Silver Sponsor - Parker Senior Community